Sunday, December 27, 2020

Merry Xmas 2020

Hello, we are really coming close to the end of yet another year. I had been spending alot of time together with Z over the xmas weekend and it was only today I got some me-time to work on my email, think of ways to gamify my new hire orientations, finish off Girlboss, close my personal finances and now, to type away here reflecting on the past year. But let's start off somewhere closer, shall we? :D

So, two days right before xmas eve both Z and myself took half day off work to check out this fire ramen place at orchard. THE FIRE'S IN YOUR FACE MAN. I swear my foundation melted hahaha. The food wasn't that out of this world but the fire experience defo makes it worth a visit!! And then the day before xmas eve Z was still trying to perfect his french onion soup lol. I drove over to his house for dinner after screening through countless applications for this accountant position. His first french onion soup tasted empty which might be due to the fact that he used chicken broth. He switched to pork broth the second time but added too much white wine haha (his dad still think he should pour more wine zzz all the drunkards in his family LOL) but other than that I thought the soup was still nice and it felt like he's almost getting the taste right. We spent xmas eve with his group of friends (they call it kopi sesh but they are always drinking alcohol leh) they are a funny and chillax bunch me likey hahaha and because Z wanted to drink a little, I ended up staying over at his house for a good 3D2N (we wanted to drink at his family's xmas dinner too!) I don't usually have any plans line up for xmas in recent years because everyone's just hanging out with their significant other so it's nice to have Z around this xmas (: His xmas french onion soup didn't turn out any better than the practice ones though I think he xiao emo lol. His bros opened up like 4 different alcohol after dinner omg I think I got high hahaha there were the usual red wine they usually drink during meals, a honey mead that tasted really sweet, sapporo premium beers that slide smoothly down the throat, and this omar whisky from taiwan ..... how to not get high you tell me lol. Right after the alcohol rounds Z and myself were trying to make the soundbar work for this sing K app but we were just singing at the top of our lungs without the echo effect fml. The next day we both were really just chilling out in his room and I don't get his Orange is the New Black show siaa hahaha I suggested watching this korean show called Sweet Home they say it's the korean version of Stranger Things!! Omg the show's really good in the suspense thriller factor.

There goes my very chill xmas weekend (: Ending this post with a still from the fire ramen place showcasing Z's unglam expression and my very scared face when the first flame went up (and it's not even for our ramen, it's for the couple seated beside us hahaha) I really think in the face of danger my hand instinctively reach out for Z lmao.

Merry Xmas & Happy New Year 2021.